Tough challenges

      My heart is breaking as I write this.  I think of my sweet little girl and the struggles we have ahead of us.  Last week we took her to the dr. because she was not feeling very well and she had some blood tests done.  Doc called me this morning with the results.  Not terrible but not great.  Her feretin is still low at 25 but up from the 19 a few a months ago.  Her calcium is still low and she is slightly dehydrated.  But over this weekend she has not been eating very much.  3/4 of a sandwich instead of a whole, half the pizza instead of all.  When we took her in she had lost 2 pounds since her last visit.  Her rashes are bothering her more when she is avoiding most of the allergies.  When I researched her BMI for this last appt. she was at 13.6% which is not even at 3%.  Last time she was at 14.5%. 
   After talking to the doc the final comment was that she was going to do some research to find a place we could take her for inpatient care.  My heart aches so strongly and the tears flow greatly with the thought of doing that to my sweet little bug.  She is trying but she has great fears concerning eating.  Tonight she has her first appt. with a therapist.  I hope with all my heart that it might help her because I don't know if I can take the next step.  I get on my knees and pray that I will have the strength and courage to help her understand our concerns. 
   Why does loving someone so much have to ache so much?  I fear that all this issues will make her angry and defiant as she gets older.  I want to plant her in solid groundings so that she is proud and amazed at who she is.  We have our faith to help keep us strong, and that is a lot.  I know we are given challenges to make us who we are.  But I wish she was done with them. 
   Right now I take one day at a time and pray that we will know the right steps to take to help our bug and to make her feel safe and secure.

Comments

  1. I was diagnosed with MRKH in 2004 at the age of 17, I live in Oklahoma and would love to help with the struggles you are facing. I am currently in process of working with a student at OU Medical Center to try to get a MRKH support group started. Please email me if you ever have questions. Its emily.prichard@okstate.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to. Thanks. It may be a couple of weeks before I can get in touch but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im one of the MRKH patient too. i can understand how you feel and the pain you are going though as a mom.

    My mom feel the same when she looking at me. I cant explain how painful it is .. to go through this life like this.
    I cant explain to a guy completely what is my problem as they dont prefer to know and support me. im 34 now. Almost everyday im crying.. bt i tried to divert my mind to other things.. i have to accept all this from God. i hv to pretend like im happy infront of my parents, just because i dont want them to be upset, but mom is great. she know her baby in pain. So i know exactly how you feel.Dont worry

    May God bless your baby. Hope she will go through her life happily.. dont lose hope..

    Lyna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

C-bugs Story

New Struggles