New Struggles

So last week my husband and I visited with the counselor concerning c-bugs eating issues.  It is such an emotional and intensive issue.  I try to take each problem on their own, but the overall effect affects her emotionally and physically.  Our concern is that she is so texture sensitive to food and then to find her allergies it make it hard to have her eat properly.  She is tall for her age but very skinny.  She is just over 5' and weighs barely 70 lbs.  Our concern is that over the last 11 years her issue has been texture/sensory with food.  Now our concern is leading to the fact that because she doesn't eat it is becoming a lifelong habit.  Our next big step would be to take her to an eating disorder clinic.  It breaks my heart to even think about throwing that in to the equation.  She has come to like being skinny and finds she likes the look, so when does it click that not eating will keep her that skinny.  When doing her BMI she is 13.4 which is very low.  We visit with her primary care today for other issues, but we are asking if she would lead the team to help figure out which is the best step for her in this next trial.  Of course there is nothing available in state so we would have to go out of state.  Denver has been the lead place, but we have family in Utah so hopefully if it comes to that we will be near family.  I wish for the time when I only had to be concerned about what I ate not concerned about what others ate.  My heart is aching for the pain because I feel like this may have a strong impact on her life, but my husband reminds me we are strong and we have a lot of loving family.  I wish I could see into the future and know that all will be right.  Luckily she is young enough to accept each thing as the come instead of looking at it all at once.  So C-bugs journey doesn't only include MRKH but also many more issues.  If anyone is reading this please say a prayer for us that we will know the right steps to take to keep her safe and secure in all we do.  SO please join us in the next step of this journey because we lost the road map a long time ago and we are testing out all the hills and mountains and hopefully a few beautiful valley's in between.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tough challenges

C-bugs Story